Are you ready to taste your own prejudices? The Human Library loans out real human beings for personal conversations about challenging and often personal or taboo subjects. Satisfy your curiosity or just get to know a person you otherwise would never have met.
During Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival 2016 Madklubben Vesterbro gives you a unique chance to combine a lovely dinner with three conversations where you – as a guest – will meet people who are stigmatized, discriminated against or treated differently due to their lifestyle, convictions, ethnicity, job, handicap, sexuality, religion or social status. The ”books” for this event have all volunteered to answer your questions about their subjects.
It all goes down on Monday the 22nd of August at 6 pm where you can enjoy a three course meal paired with three different ”books” from the Human Library for just DKK 200. In many aspects it will be a different dinner where the guests have to be prepared to break the social conventions of a meal in order to engage with unknown co-diners. You will be seated at tables of five guests of which one will be from The Human Library. The ”books” switch from table to table with each course whereas the ticket holding guests will remain seated at the same spot throughout the dinner.
Only 60 seats are available for ”Food Club with The Human Library”. They go on sale on Wednesday the 6th of July at noon. Get your tickets here.
Menu in three servings:
- 2 starters for sharing at the table: Asian steak tartare with crispy tapioca, porcini mayo and shiso herbs + smoked salmon with smoked cheese, lemon, radish and cucumber
- Cockerel confit with summer veggies, pickled rhubarb and sauce velouté
- Panna cotta with berry compote and oatmeal crunch
Loan terms from The Human Library:
- The loan is personal and cannot be passed on to others before time.
- The book expects you to ask the questions you want answered.
- You cannot rip out pages or scribble in the book.
- All books are volunteers and must be returned in the same state as you met them.
- Remember to return your book on time.
You can read much more about The Human Library their mission and the specific books at Menneskebiblioteket.dk